SURPLUS BERETTA M1951 9MM MARKED 1975-1976, VERY GOOD TO GOOD SURPLUS CONDITION
This is a very special batch of Beretta M1951 pistols. These pistols like the last batch of M1951 pistols were imported from the Italian Carabinieri and they are in Very Good to Good Surplus condition. This batch is different in that the pistols were are all marked either 1975 or 1976 (it’s a large batch, we will update if we find other dates).
All Serial numbers in this batch have an F prefix followed by 5 digits example: F0000x
(Serial numbers in some pics are blurred by us)
These pistols are not marked M1951, markings are as follows:
PISTOLA s.a. BERETTA Cal. 9m/m PARABELLUM GARDONE V.T. 1975 (or 1976)
These were made towards the very end of the production life of the 1951 series. They overlap production with the Beretta 92, and are made from the same alloy as the original Beretta 92. These pistols are in really nice condition.
Based on our research, this appears to be the first time this serial number range, and production dates have been imported into the US.
Here are some of the upgrades in these pistols over the older Beretta M1951’s:
Upgraded locking block, slightly different shape than older models. See picture below:
Upgraded guide rod, with a different shape than older models. See pictures below:
Upgraded disassembly lever to accommodate new guide rod shape , see pictures below:
Guide rod locks into disassembly lever, see picture below:
We have gone through all of these pistols and checked the locking blocks. You will receive a pistol with an intact locking block! All of these have been checked for function by our staff.
In addition to receiving these pistols we also received extra original Beretta 8 round magazines and original Beretta locking blocks for these pistols. More information below.
This shipment tends to be from Very Good surplus to Good surplus. Scratches on the grips and holster wear are the most common signs of use on these.
The Beretta M1951 is a very rare pistol in the United States, and it is Historically significant as Beretta’s first locked breech designed pistol. This design paved the way for Beretta to eventually design and produce the famous Beretta 92. The Model 1951 was produced from 1953 to 1980, these pistols are towards the end of the that production run.
The importer roll marked these pistols on the bottom of the slide, take a look at the pictures.
Note on Grips:
Grips vary on these pistols, with some being Beretta marked and others not.
Note on Barrels:
The barrels we have checked appear to have strong rifling, some will need a good cleaning. Judging by wear patterns, these pistols do not appear to be fired very much.
- Original Beretta Production, not a copy!
- Beretta’s first locked breech design.
- 1975 or 1976 production.
- Rare serial number run in the US.
- Rare production year date marked on slide.
- Upgraded alloy frames, same material as Beretta 92
- Upgraded locking blocks, guide rods, and disassembly levers.
- Single Action only.
- Cross bolt safety.
- One to three 8 round magazines, depending on option picked.
Surplus Beretta M1951 9mm Marked 1975-1976 options are as follows:
- Standard with one magazine: Good surplus condition, some nicks and scratches and handling marks on the finish. Grips will have scratches and handling marks. Holster wear, potentially some light freckling on surface.
- Hand Pick with one magazine: Very Good surplus to Good surplus condition, some nicks and scratches and handling marks on the finish. Grips will have scratches and handling marks. Holster wear.
- Hand Pick with two magazines: Very Good surplus to Good surplus condition, some nicks and scratches and handling marks on the finish. Grips will have scratches and handling marks. Holster wear.
- Hand Pick with three magazines: Very Good surplus to Good surplus condition, some nicks and scratches and handling marks on the finish. Grips will have scratches and handling marks. Holster wear.
“Hand Pick = Our staff will select the cosmetically best one out of 10 pistols”.
Always have surplus guns checked out by a gunsmith prior to firing them.
Surplus Beretta M1951 9mm Marked 1975-1976, Very Good to Good Surplus Condition
There are no reviews yet.